Work culture

/Work culture
Work culture2019-07-04T06:38:19+00:00

Australian Work Culture

Foreign workers are required to have the proper visas and work permits in Australia, as established by immigration laws. To secure a visa for an employee, a company will generally first need to apply to be an ‘standard business sponsor’ through the Department of Home Affairs. The types of documents required for this process can be a problem for companies just entering the Australian market. If you have yet to complete the incorporation process you can use an outsourced management company or GEO Employer of Record to sponsor the employee for the necessary permits.
The most common skilled visa used within Australia is the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (subclass 482). This visa allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved Australian business for up to four years. Workers who have been on the TSS visa for 2 years or more have increased access to applying for permanent residence visas (described in the table below).

There are some streamlined processing arrangements in place to help executives, managers and specialists who are coming to Australia as part of an intra-company transfer. These are especially targeted to assisting in transfers between Asia Pacific Economic Co-Operation (APEC) economies.

New Courses

Contact Info

1600 Amphitheatre Parkway New York WC1 1BA

Phone: 1.800.458.556 / 1.800.532.2112

Fax: 458 761-9562

Web: ThemeFusion

Recent Posts

+61 487015278